... is what you would call me if your first language were Korean.
This blog is so you guys can check in once in a while and see what's going on in the land where kimchi is preferred over corn flakes.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
these are some of my students. they're awesome. and they're great at teaching me korean. they all give themselves english names. good thing. i'd be lost otherwise. notice how i can barely say "what's your name?" in korean.
So sweet :) My favorite part is where you go, "What's my name?", they say "Erik," and you say "yeahhhh duuude." There's gonna have an awesome Korean group of elementary school kids speaking Californian.
whew! saying 'what's your name' in korean is a mouthful! but those kids sure can say it well! and you're getting there, erik! sounding great and like you are enjoying it. they sure are enjoying you! and the little girls DEFINITELY have crushes on you.
Wow, You did great at that. Must be the son of a linguist!! I could teach English but I don't think I could learn Korean. Kids are the greatest teachers.....SOOO much patience. Especially when they get to teach a handsome young American man.
So sweet :) My favorite part is where you go, "What's my name?", they say "Erik," and you say "yeahhhh duuude." There's gonna have an awesome Korean group of elementary school kids speaking Californian.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Kate: the "yeahhhhhhh, duuuuude" is the best!
ReplyDeleteLove these videos, Erik!
That is hilarious! Those kids are absolutely adorable...and, Erik, I think the little girls have crushes on you. ;)
ReplyDeletewhew! saying 'what's your name' in korean is a mouthful! but those kids sure can say it well! and you're getting there, erik! sounding great and like you are enjoying it. they sure are enjoying you! and the little girls DEFINITELY have crushes on you.
ReplyDeleteas my aunt sybil used to say, "well if that don't just pull the rag off the bush"
ReplyDeleteWow, You did great at that. Must be the son of a linguist!! I could teach English but I don't think I could learn Korean. Kids are the greatest teachers.....SOOO much patience. Especially when they get to teach a handsome young American man.
ReplyDeleteI love how you say your own name :) Keep up the great work...what cute kiddies!
ReplyDeleteChar