
I think Korea can be a lonely place for many foreigners. I guess anywhere can be lonely for anybody, really. Maybe that's one reason the Church is so important. We weren't meant to do life on our own. And for introverts like me, that's something I need to be reminded of more often than not.
ICC (International Community Church) has become my church home in Korea. Any and all of my meaningful relationships are in and because of this group of believers. In many ways, ICC is different from my church back in CA. But in other respects it's the same; It's a quirky group of people trying to love God and love others.
I've met some great people at church who love others well. Among them, are my friends Scott and Ashley. Back in October, they invited a bunch of people over to their place for the Busan Fireworks Festival. The fireworks were OK. I think some of us had more fun throwing paper airplanes off the 10th story balcony. My buddy Scott fashioned the legendary "Dallas Hammer" whose epic flight can be witnessed in this video.
I'm prone to forget God's goodness, and complain about all the things I don't have, but wish I did. But every now and then, I think He scrapes some scales from my eyes and reminds me of his goodness again. He is good for sending his Son. He is good for sending the Holy Spirit. He is good for giving us the Church. And he is good for giving me friends like Scott and Ashley, who's apartment just happens to be a pristine paper airplane launching zone.
dude, that was so sweet. it made me think of when we strapped firecrackers to our paper airplanes in huancayo an shot them off of our balcony.
ReplyDeletewow, I'm impressed. Fun stuff.
ReplyDeletethe dallas hammer was waaaaay cool. more importantly, i'm so glad you can see God's goodness even in the trivial things of life. i am pleased i have such a smart, perceptive kid.
ReplyDelete